Founders Ministries is a ministry of teaching and encouragement promoting both doctrine and devotion expressed in the Doctrines of Grace and their experiential application to the local church, particularly in the areas of worship and witness. Founders Ministries takes as its theological framework the first recognized confession of faith that Southern Baptists produced, The Abstract of Principles. We desire to encourage the return to and promulgation of the biblical gospel that our Southern Baptist forefathers held dear.
||Thus says the LORD:
Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths,
where the good way is, and walk in it..."
About Founders MinistriesOur Purpose
The purpose of Founders Ministries is the recovery of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in the reformation of local churches. We believe intrinsic to this recovery is the promotion of the Doctrines of Grace in their experiential application to the local church particularly in the areas of worship and witness. This is to be accomplished through a variety of means focusing on conferences and including publication, education, pastoral training and other opportunities consistent with the purpose. Each of the ministries will be developed with special attention to achieve a healthy integration of doctrine and devotion.
Our abiding concerns:
- We desire to be orthodox without being obnoxious.
- We want to be confessional, yet contemporary.
- We are Southern Baptist, though not sectarian.
- Our goal is to be doctrinally and devotionally balanced.
Founders Ministries incorporates:
- The annual National Southern Baptist Founders Conference
- Six annual Regional Conferences
- The Founders Journal--a quarterly theological publication
- Founders Press--the publishing arm of Founders Ministries
- Founders Online
- Founders Internship Programs
- Founders Fraternals
- Founders eNewsletter
- Founders Online Study Center--an online ministerial training academy
- Founders Minister Search List
How can I participate in Founders Ministries?
Founders Ministries is a non-profit organization guided by a board of directors, who share a commitment to the biblical gospel that our Southern Baptist forefathers held dear. While no formal membership exists, we encourage all those who share our vision of reclaiming the gospel and reforming churches to participate in our conferences, subscribe to the Founders Journal, take courses through the Study Center and make use of our books and other resources.
If this vision interests you, but the info on this web site is all new to you, we recommend the following starting points:
- A Southern Baptist Looks at the
Biblical Doctrine of Election by Ernest Reisinger
- Southern Baptists at the Crossroads: Returning to the Old Paths by Thomas Ascol
More information is available in our Founders Ministries brochure.
For more information see Frequently Asked Questions About Founders Ministries.